- Cocaine is derived from the leaves of the Erthroxylum Coca plant. In its pure form, Cocaine is a white crystalline powder and it is either sniffed in powder form or injected into the body in liquid form.
- Cocaine is both a central nervous system stimulant and an anaesthetic. The chronic Cocaine abuser is socially dangerous because of the mental abnormalities caused by the drug.
What are the effects of Cocaine?
Effects and Dangers
- Increased heart rate
- Aggressive behaviour
- Nausea, shaking, blurred vision and hallucination
- Anxiety, depression, anger and jittery feelings
- Fatigue (extreme tiredness)
- Nausea and vomiting
- Loss of desire to do things
What are the penalties of possession or consumption of Cocaine?
Possession or consumption of cocaine:
Illegal traffic, import or export of Cocaine of more than 30 grams:
- May face the death penalty.